- What’s your favorite Easter candy?
- What’s Easter about for you? Answers will vary.
- After Jesus died on the cross, what happened? They placed Him in a tomb, and three days later He came back to life to show His power over sin.
- Grace means we get something good instead of what we deserve. What good things do you think God does for us when we choose to follow Jesus? God forgives us, fixes our friendship with Him, gives us power to live for Him, etc.
- What do you need to do to get Jesus’ forgiveness and be friends with God? Admit you’ve sinned, ask His forgiveness, believe Jesus is alive and He is God’s Son, and choose to live the way Jesus did.
- God showed grace to us. How can you show grace to others? Forgive them, be kind even when they’re mean, pray for them, ask God to help you, etc.
- What might help you think about God’s grace this Easter? Answers will vary.
As a family share things you’d like to pray about. You may want to keep an ongoing list in a journal.
Pray over the requests together and end with the following prayer:
“God, thank You for sending Jesus to take the punishment for our sins. Please help us choose to follow Him. In Jesus’ name, amen.”